Entertain the Kids During the School Holidays – With Tiles!
School’s out, which means it is holidays for the kids, and after a few days of euphoria and fun, it’s common for the little ones to get a bit bored and hungry for new activities. To try and entertain them, why not get creative with some holiday craft using tiles?
A DIY project will definitely grab their attention and will also help you keep the mess all in one space. So set up an art supplies table outside, and get crafty with the kids!
Not only are these activities cheap and fun for everyday entertainment, they are also great ideas if you are having friends with kids over and want to set up a crafts table to keep the kids busy.
This DIY project is Make your own Masterpiece. The idea is to get the kids to create their own designs, and if they are really happy with their results, they can even hang their artwork up on a wall.
What you’ll need:
- White tiles – small to medium-sized, square or rectangle tiles are best. You can use left-over tiles from recent renovation projects, or you can get new ones from a Tile Wizards store closest to you.
- Coloured permanent markers
- Any other decorative material – glitter, stickers, etc.
- Hairspray to set their designs
- Felt – pre-cut in the desired tile shape and size
- Paper clips
- Hot glue gun and sticks
How to do it:
- Get the kids to decorate their tiles as they wish – it will be their canvas. This is where they can get as creative as they want, using coloured markers and any other materials you provide them.
- Once they are done, use the hairspray to help set their work, and let it rest for a few minutes.
- If they wish to hang it on a wall, use the hot glue to place a paper clip on the back of their tile, just below the edge. Let it dry.
- Before glueing the felt to the back of the tile, mark where you want the paper clip to poke through and make a small cut.
Once you’ve glued the felt to the tile, set it aside for 15 minutes, and it is all done. Give this DIY project a go with the kids one day these holidays, it will be fun for them and you and will give you something to keep the little ones occupied with for at least a few hours!
Head over to your local Tile Wizards store to pick up your project tiles today! You can find Tile Wizards stores in and around Brisbane, Coffs Harbour, Sunshine Coast and Adelaide – Click Here.
You Might Also Like To Read:
Disclaimer: images have been taken from Pinterest for illustrative purposes only. Project inspiration was taken from here.