Do-It-Yourself home renovation is a money saver, but there are many things that you need to learn to do it right and actually save money.
When renovating, DIY projects can help you save quite a bit of money. Many of our customers choose to do some of the manual work so they can splurge on some big-ticket items like their dream soaking tub or rain shower head for the master bathroom or brand new gas range for the kitchen.
If you are planning on doing some of your reno yourself, we have compiled some of our articles with tips, how-to’s and lists of pros and cons to get you ready before you start removing old tiles.
- Pros and Cons of DIY Flooring Installation
- Tiling wet areas – Can You DIY?
- Carpet installation – Can You DIY?
- Calculating Tile Quantities
- How to Remove Old Floor Tiles
- Pros and Cons of Tiling Over Tiles
- How to Prepare Your Floor For Tiling
- Step-By-Step Tile Installation
- Tiling Tips For Beginners
- Mistakes to Avoid When DIY Tiling
- Tips For Using Tile Spacers
- How to Install Tiles in a Diamond Pattern
- How to Style Subway Tiles
- How to Re-grout Tiles
- How to Clean and Seal Grout
- How to Drill Into Tile Without Breaking It
- How to Install Loose Lay Vinyl Plank Flooring
- How to Remove Wall Paper
- How to Lay Laminate Flooring
- How to Keep a Bathroom Remodel Cheap
- Bathroom Renovation Tips For New Homeowners
- Guide: Bathroom Layout
- How to Design a Bathroom
- Common Bathroom Remodelling Mistakes
We hope you find these helpful, and once you are ready to start your DIY project, come see our team at your nearest Tile Wizards store and we can set you up with the right materials and tools to help you achieve your dream design!