Tile Wizards has the tips to keep your tile flooring looking clean and beautiful
So you’ve just laid beautiful new tiles in your home and you want to keep them looking their best. The team at Tile Wizards has compiled a list on tips to help keep your tiles looking brand new.
- Sweep or vacuum loose dirt and dust from the floor. Use an untreated, dry dust mop instead of a broom. Using a soft mop will prevent dirt from scratching your tiles.
- Mop the floor with a mild cleaning solution.
- Rinse the tiles with clean water.
- Dry carefully to increase the shine and prevent water spots.
- Sweep or vacuum loose dirt and dust from the floor.
- Mix a mild tile suited detergent with hot water. Use a chamois mop instead of a sponge mop to mop the floors, a sponge mop will push dirty water into the grout.
- Swap out your cleaning mix regularly so you don’t end up with a dirty mop that leaves a dirty finish on your floor.
- Use a towel or a dry mop to dry off the tiles, this will ensure they dry with a nice shiny finish.
- Sweep any leaves and dirt off the tiles.
- Hose them down to remove any residual dirt.
- Use a scrubbing brush or a stiff handled broom to clean your tiles with an environmentally friendly cleaner.
- Rinse the tiles off to remove dirt and cleaning product.
- Use a mop to remove excess water so the tiles dry nice and shiny.
Cleaning Tile Grout
If the grout between your tiles is starting to look dirty there are a number of different ways to clean it. You can buy a commercial grout cleaner and apply it to your grout. You can mix a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the grout, and leave overnight. Remove it with a nylon brush the next day.
It is important that you do not use bleach or acid based products when cleaning your tiles. These harsh chemicals deteriorate the protective sealing and ultimately cause irreversible damage to your tiles. When buying floor cleaning products make sure you read what surface it works best on, to ensure you are buying the right product for your flooring.
If your tiles are starting to appear discoloured or slightly hazy, it might be time for a more intense clean. At Tile Wizards, we sell a range of cleaners that will help bring your tiles back to life.
For more tips and tricks on looking after your flooring, visit a Tile Wizards showroom and talk to one of our staff members who are always happy ready to help. Also, see our range of tile products up close.
Our showrooms are located across Australia, in and around:
- Sunshine Coast QLD (Tile Wizards in Bokarina)
- Coffs Harbour NSW (Tile Wizards in Coffs Harbour)
- Adelaide SA (Tile Wizards in Lonsdale, Para Hills West, and Richmond)
- Brisbane QLD (Tile Wizards in Springwood)