Caring for Porcelain Tiles – No Special Cleaning Agents Needed!
At Tile Wizards, we offer the following types of porcelain tiles:
- Polished porcelain: a nano finished* double loaded porcelain, which is also available in a matte and structured finish (cannot be sealed).
- Glazed porcelain: does not stain as it has a glaze over the surface.
*Note: Nano finished refers to the factory treatment that seals porcelain tiles. This technology means that your tiles will not stain and they do not require sealing.
Steps in Cleaning Polished and Glazed Porcelain Tiles
(For polished and glazed porcelain tiles, these instructions should be followed for general cleaning.)
You Will Need:
- Sponge mop
- Porcelain tile cleaner or
- ¼ cup vinegar with 7 litres hot water, or
- All-purpose household cleaner
- Sweep or vacuum loose dirt and dust from the floor. Use an untreated, dry dust mop instead of a broom.
- Mop the floor with a mild cleaning solution. The concentration of the detergent should be 50% less than the amount used on an unpolished porcelain tile floor.
- Rinse the porcelain tiled floor with clean water.
- Dry carefully to increase the shine and to prevent water spots.
It is important that you do not use bleach or acid based products when cleaning your tiles. These harsh chemicals deteriorate the protective sealing and ultimately cause non-reversible damage to your tiles.
If your tiles are starting to appear discoloured or slightly hazy, it might be time for a more intense clean.
If you need tile cleaners, head over to your nearest Tile Wizards store. We have a range of cleaners that will help bring your tiles back to life. Also, see our range of quality tiles in-store.
Tile Wizards stores are located across Australia, in and around:
- Sunshine Coast QLD (Tile Wizards in Bokarina)
- Coffs Harbour NSW (Tile Wizards in Coffs Harbour)
- Adelaide SA (Tile Wizards in Lonsdale, Para Hills West, and Richmond)
- Brisbane QLD (Tile Wizards in Brendale, Capalaba, and Springwood)