The bedroom is often the last place we pay attention to when it comes to the design of the house. We focus on all the areas where other people might visit such as the living room, kitchen, or garden, and the poor bedroom is all but forgotten about. However, for a place where we start and end our day off, it deserves a little pick-me-up.
Five tips to create a luxurious bedroom
- Consider more storage: A beautiful bedroom can be hidden by mess, or by too many things lying around. A simple trick is to invest in more storage so that everything has its place. That doesn’t mean you can’t have your favourite objects around, but just make sure you have the right sort of ‘mess’ in view. A good mess is a stack of books next to your bed, whereas a bad mess is a pile of dirty laundry on the floor. Understand the value of storage for the bad mess, the stuff that immediately makes your room less luxurious. And when it comes to more space, if you’re doing a renovation, maybe consider adding an ensuite to your bedroom!
- Have a colour scheme: Decide on a colour scheme for your room, and then use it throughout the room as accents. Look through various images online or in magazines to decide on the colour scheme you want before making your decision. Having the right colour palette in your room, based on your preferences, will help you create the perfect space. Using photos as inspiration can give you a good starting point.
- Style your bed: What’s one of the first things you notice when visiting a luxury hotel? The bed! It’s always perfectly made, with soft linen and gorgeous duvets, and an array of cushions in different hues of your colour scheme. If there’s one thing you want to focus on the most in the bedroom, it’s the bed. It’s a focal point, and it’s a quick way to give the room an upgrade.
- Remember your carpets: Carpets are often the only part of the bedroom that doesn’t get updated. Of course, it can be costly, but if your goal is to have a luxurious bedroom then pay close attention to the quality and colour of your carpets. Plush carpets or hybrid flooring will add a lavish feel to the room that wasn’t there before.
- Choose the right artwork: Selecting the perfect artwork for your bedroom walls has the potential to elevate the space from mundane to stylish. A well-chosen large print in a beautiful frame, can serve as a focal point upon entering the room. Keep in mind that you will be encountering this artwork every day, so it should be something that resonates with your personal taste and complements the overall colour scheme and ambiance of the room. It should strike a balance between being eye-catching and visually appealing, without veering into gaudy. Mostly, it should be an extension of your personality.
Your bedroom is an important part of the home, and one that you spend time in every day. A long day at work, or looking after the kids, should be rewarded by stepping into your bedroom and immediately feeling relaxed. Upgrade your bedroom and make it the haven it was meant to be.
Chat Renovation Inspiration With The Professionals
While your options for renovating are almost limitless, deciding on the right style is not an easy feat. With each space, comes a different preference or priority: are you chasing style, functionality, trends, or simply want the most bang for your buck?
In operation for over 26 years, at Tile Wizards we pride ourselves on getting you more, for less. We pioneered the warehouse format, and our stores are purposefully designed to make your selection easier, and ultimately offer our customers quality, price, and the right advice.
If you are after some honest and friendly advice, ideas, or inspiration – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Tile Wizards today. We pride ourselves on being able to work with you to bring your dream flooring solution to life.